- Biogen shares down on Tecfidera sales, first confirmed PML case(Reuters) - Biogen Idec Inc on Wednesday reported sales of its big-selling new multiple sclerosis drug, Tecfidera, that fell short of Wall Street's lofty expectations, and the company confirmed a serious brain infection in a patient who took the oral medication, sending its shares about 8 percent lower.
- Ebola gives U.S. 'preppers' another reason to prepare for worst(Reuters) - With the closest known U.S. cases of Ebola diagnosed about 160 miles away in Dallas, Cary Griffin is taking no chances.
- GSK eyes top slot in FTSE 100 index for standalone HIV drugs unitLONDON (Reuters) - GlaxoSmithKline , battered by weak U.S. drug sales and a bribery scandal in China, set out a bold recovery plan on Wednesday, including an initial public offering of part of its fast-growing HIV and AIDS drugs business.
- Doctors who helped paralyzed man get back on his feet seek new patientsWROCLAW Poland (Reuters) - A team of doctors who helped a paralyzed man get back on his feet by transplanting cells from his nasal cavity into his spinal cord said they were seeking new patients so they could establish their breakthrough was not a one-off.
- U.S. Ebola 'czar' to start work; military team begins trainingWASHINGTON (Reuters) - The new U.S. Ebola "czar" starts work on Wednesday and a military medical team begins training as the Obama administration ramps up its response to the potential spread of the virus in the United States.
- Biogen shares down on Tecfidera sales, first confirmed PML case